[Serusers] XML-RPC in CVS-HEAD

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Mar 9 10:44:18 CET 2006

Nick Hoffman wrote:
> After talking with clona in #ser on Freenode, I've learned that CVS-HEAD
> has some great XML-RPC implementation. clona also mentioned that a new
> release might not be far away.
>
> Would anyone mind commenting on how much the current XML-RPC implementation
> might change between now and the next release? I'd love to use it but am
> concerned about developing the necessary clients to interact with it now,
> and having to redo them when the next release comes out.

  It won't change much (if at all). You do not need to develop your clients
  from scratch, there is a new version of serctl available in
  sip_router/tools/serctl (written in python) which uses this new interface
  for remote SER administration. You just need to configure the address of
  the server in serctl.conf (that would be something like
  http://localhost:5060 for server on localhost)

  And then run ser_rpc system.listMethod to display the list of commands
  available in that SER instance. you can then run any of them.

  The new ser-ctl tool set will be always kept up-to-date, regardless of
  the changes in the server functions, so you can use that as a base for
  your own commands.

  One of the design goal of the ser-ctl was to make it possible to reuse
  the classes/functions from other applications, so reusing the internals
  should be (hopefully) easy enough.

     Jan.