[Serusers] Carrier-grade framework for SER

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Thu Mar 9 01:12:27 CET 2006

On Tue January 25 2005 11:36, "Andreas Granig" <andreas.granig at inode.info>
wrote:
> In short, I plan to write an xmlrpc-based provisioning system for
> distributing FIFO commands. The main focus is sharing registration
> contacts and aliases among different SERs (all the data that can't be
> replicated on a lower (database) layer due to memory caching).
>
> There's an external application on each SER host receiving contacts from
> a SER module via a local socket. These contacts are wrapped into xmlrpc
> (in fact the contact is converted into a FIFO command which is wrapped
> into xmlrpc) and are distributed to the same application on other SER
> hosts, which writes them into the SER FIFO. If an application is
> unreachable or reports an error, the distributed FIFO command is queued.
>
> The application can receive arbitrary FIFO commands, and a flag
> indicates if the command should be redistributed to the other hosts.
>
> Andy

Hi guys. Browsing through the archives, I happened upon the "Carrier-grade
framework for SER" thread, part of which discusses provisioning SER using
XML-RPC. Has anything been released for this at any level of "buggyness"
or stability?

I'm looking to do provisioning in SER with XML-RPC and would prefer not to
have to reinvent the wheel if others have already started/finished it.

Thanks for any input!
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.