[Serusers] When to use 'serctl fifo ..'

nick.hoffman at altcall.com nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Tue Mar 7 14:54:04 CET 2006

Hi guys, I'm trying to wrap my head around the usage of SER's FIFO.

I've read up on the FIFO and available FIFO commands, but I really don't
understand when or why you would want to run
    serctl fifo <command>
or write directly to
    /tmp/ser_fifo
rather than just run
    serctl <command>

I haven't found anything in the docs and guides that specifically touches on
when to use each, so if anyone would be kind enough to enlighten me, I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks!
Nick