[Serusers] sending INVITES

Richard C. Thompson rthompson at vir2com.com
Thu Mar 2 21:31:47 CET 2006

All

I ran into a small problem with our SER server sending calls to a Quintum
CRSP or Call Relay Server. Here is what I received back from the Quintum
software group. The SIP device is our SER server.

The Quintum CRSP is used to take inbound SIP calls and sends them out as
H323 calls to a terminating PSTN gateway.

SIP device makes call #1 to CRSP

Call #1 gets alerting from H323

The same SIP device makes call #2 with same SIP call-ID, same ANI, Same DNIS

Call #2 Fails

CRSP frees the call #1 since it has the same call id

Call #1 receives connect from H323 side

System hangs

They are in the process of changing their software to accommodate this SER
issue but have advised me to contact the makers of the SIP device and let
them know they are not following the SIP standard.

I believe the SER is send a second "INVITE" because the CRSP didn't reply
fast enough, or it is sending a re-"INVITE" after an "INVITE" timeout, which
could be my bad.

Rick T