[Serusers] Proposal for new features

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Mar 1 10:45:06 CET 2006

Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> At 13:20 25/02/2006, Arek Bekiersz wrote:
>> Some time ago I commited a small 'ldap' module, all-in-one.
>> As there was some (small :-) ) feedback from people using this module, I propose to split it into following modules:
>
> I would actually like one module, which would act as a single LDAP driver for all
> DB-based modules, as opposed to rewrite every single module outthere using LDAP.
> May be a bit tricky with the LDAP hierarchical module, but still doable.

   Yes, I agree, this would be the best approach, because then you do not
   have to change other modules. There is no need to implement all functions
   that other database modules implement (for example it could be read-only,
   supporting only the query function).

   Arek, I suppose you use LDAP with SER, could you let us know what kind of
   information do you store in LDAP and how do you access it ?

     Jan.