[Serusers] Credentials problem for calling out

mkumar at mantragroup.com mkumar at mantragroup.com
Wed Mar 1 07:47:16 CET 2006

Hi,

I have installed SER on a machine and I have mysql DataBase elsewhere. I was
able to add new users to that DB using serctl and even chenge their group to
ld. All the new users created are able to register but when I check whether
they are in ld and can call out in ser.cfg it always tells that they have no
permission and not in ld. I think it is checking localhost DB for credentials
to call out but I am sure for registration it is checking DB on other machine.
I included there in my ser.cfg

modparam("usrloc", "db_url", "mysql://user:secret@othermachineip/ser")
modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "mysql://user:secret@othermachineip/ser")
modparam("acc", "db_url", "mysql://user:secret@othermachineip/ser")

Please tell me what more should I include for making it point to DB on other
machine even for checking credentials for calling out.

Thanks,
Manoj.