[Users] Usage of record_route_preset / dispatcher / UAC-Module

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Fri Mar 24 17:10:38 CET 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> just a short note...on the sip proxy you should do rr with the proxy's
> IP and not with the one of the LB. Once the LB decides which proxy
> handles the call, all sequential request must go through that proxy and
> ideally to skip the LB.

Well, I personally prefer to do rr on the LB, because you can then
perform a failover to another proxy on the LB if the specific proxy
fails. Think of a scenario where LB routes the INVITE transaction to
proxy P1 selected by Call-ID hashing, and after successful
call-establishment P1 fails. If the BYE then hits LB, it will try to
route it to P1 again because of the same Call-ID, and after hitting a
timeout, a fallback to P2 can be performed. So no failover has to be
implemented in the UACs.

For accounting purposes, the acc-records can be collected from all of
the proxies to create the CDRs.

Just my 2 cents,
Andy