[Users] openser utilization

buxalex at libero.it buxalex at libero.it
Wed Mar 22 12:26:53 CET 2006

Hello to everybody,

it is about one month I am studing openser, and I am probably going to have my first 'customer' next month. :o))

He has three offices in town and they want save money from calls, so I proposed to install openser and to use within their intranet softphones.

I need some advices from people more skilled than me:

I installed openser with the mysql db module available, as the customer would like to let use softphones only to authenticated employess.
My openser.cfg, so, is setup only for authentication inthe REGISTER method. Moreover, I created a very simple and easy web interface (PHP)to register the employes and to check the telephone directory and who is connected.
Based on your experience (surely much bigger than mine), what else it is needed? I am thinking about how to track the calls, or if it is needed to track all the methods (INVITE, BYE....), or it is needed to install some more modules and so on....

Thanks in advance for you help
Alessandro