[Users] missing record-route when using uac_auth()

Günther Starnberger gst at sysfrog.org
Tue Mar 21 19:59:31 CET 2006

i am trying to use uac_auth() on CVS-HEAD but somewhere there is a problem
with missing record-route headers.

the SIP sessions looks like this:

client: INVITE
openser: SIP/2.0 100 trying
openser: SIP/2.0 183 Session progress
openser: SIP/2.0 200 Ok (no record-route!)
client: ACK (directly - not to openser because of missing rr)

so everything is fine until the remote end sends the Ok to OpenSER (which is
further relayed to the client). OpenSER doesn't insert a Record-Route header
and my client therefore sends the ACK directly to the remote-end instead of
sending it to OpenSER. as the remote-end expects the ACKs from OpenSER it
ignores them and after sending some further OKs it quits the sessions.

when i try the same thing using another destination (which doesn't go
through the uac_auth() stuff) it works fine (= rr header is inserted), so
i'm not sure if this is a bug in my config or OpenSER.

i have put my config online at:
http://pastebin.com/614703

the case where it works fine is when dialing a sip-uri. in this case
route[3] is called as INVITE handler which calls route[1] to relay the
message. the problem occurs when dialing a numeric uri. in this case
route[3] calls route[5] which is basically the same as route[1] with the
exception of using a uac_auth failure route and a t_relay to a specific
destination.

any hints about the cause of this problem?

bye,
/gst