[Users] LCR and BYE

Rick Richardson rick at eltopia.com
Wed Mar 15 02:30:19 CET 2006

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately that is not the current behavior of the system.
 I removed the lcr routing on the BYE request so that it uses t_relay().
Now it sends the ACK (in response to the 200 OK) and the BYE to the to
uri domain/ip-address rather than continuing the dialog. Yet the
previous parts of the dialog are forwarded properly.

What exactly does the tm module use to differentiate between
transactions? Cause a problem could be that it is getting responses from
the gateways at different ip addresses than it is sending. My "gateways"
are simply a single machine with a bunch of aliased IPs running sipp. So
a request comes in on .91 and goes out on .89

Would that cause this behavior?

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 01:50 +0200, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Rick Richardson writes:
>
>  > I have the lcr module in my proxies properly distributing INVITES
and
>  > maintaining the dialog throughout a sip call. Except for the BYE,
and
>  > the reason is simply that that is a new transaction. So is the only
way
>  > for me to reach the callee with a BYE message to find the proper
gateway
>  > for it using the LCR module again? I'm guessing this or possibly
AVPs
>  > would be the only method sending the request to the proper user.
>
> bye is in-dialog request and its request uri points to the right gw.
so