[Users] UAC replace_from replace_to

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Sat Mar 4 12:31:53 CET 2006

On 03/03/06 05:43, Greg Fausak wrote:
> I need some functions similar to the UAC module's
> replace_from/restore_from stuff.
> Before I get started, is there any reason this can't be done?
To header should not be changed, to avoid interoperability problems --
however, same statement applies for From header :-) .

> I have a provider that insists on seeing an e164 number followed by
> @1.2.3.4 (ip address) in
> the from and to headers.  It looks like the replace_from gear will
> handle the from line.  I have
> seen references to the to header.  I think they can be interchanged?
> Is it possible that
> I can already change the to header and don't know it?
It is not possible to change the To header right now, only the From
header. Recovering From header is done via a special parameter in Route
headers. Something similar should be done for To header, but Route
header might get pretty long.