[Users] MySQL5.0.18 + OpenSER1.0.1 - Looking on HowTo...

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:45:35 CET 2006

In a previous e-mail I described that I only had success on compiling
OpenSER 1.0.0-tls against MySQL 4.1.13. Not against MySQL 5.0.18.
With the release of 1.0.1, I return to give a try, but didn't have success.

Looking at Google, I find the kind of problem on SER-DEV discussion list
(http://mail.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2005-April/004343.html), but it
didn't work for me, so I move looking. Than I find a bug-report on MySQL
(number 13159 - http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=13159)  and try they last
advise: include '-fPIC' on /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc and rebuild MySQL RPMs.

After that the compilation finished well, as the installation. The problem
now is on module load. I got this message complaining on a 'floor'
reference:

0(19939) ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/lib/openser/modules/mysql.so>: /usr/lib/openser/modules/mysql.so:
undefined symbol: floor

I'm running out of ideas.. :'-(

Has anybody got to install OpenSER on a Xeon machine with MySQL 5.0.18
support? Any help would be appreciated.

Edson.