[Serusers] 2 questions regarding user location

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Jun 28 11:20:16 CEST 2006

Kyriakos wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I have two questions regarding  user location.
>

> 1) Is there a way of getting the user location info for manipulating
> it in ser.cfg ? Something like lookup but without rewriting anything.
> Basically what I want to do is check if the caller and the caller are
> NATed and belong to a certain same network then I should not use media
> proxy. The criterion for the same network would be that both sides are
> originating from the same  public ip.  Thus I would have to retrieve
> the "received" field value for the calee  and compare it with the ip
> contained in the contact header field of the caller in the INVITE .
>    Perhaps there is also another way to do this?

Not that I know of. However, cvs head has a new type of route where you
can access the actual destination ip and port.

> 2) What happens when I have multiple phones registered under one user?
> How lookup(location) works when I have more than one ips in location
> table for the user? During tests I had a UA  behind NAT  registering
> to SER with an ip assigned from the dhcp. After a while I had the UA
> assigned a different ip from the dhcp and the Register on SER under
> the same user name. The problem was that during registration SER would
> respond back to the UA for requesting authorisation credentials but
> when it was time to send the 200 OK message for registration , it
> would send it only to the previous location of the UA and not the one
> it sent the REGISTER message from with of course failure to register
> because UA would not get the OK from SER. I noticed that in Contact
> header of the 200 message there were more than one return ips (the old
> one and the new one), Of course as soon as the old location timed out
> the registration would go ok.

This has nothing to do with how location works. A new REGISTER should
not NOT hit lookup(location), so you have an error in your script. You
should run fix_nated_register() on the message. By default, SER will
respond to the rcvd address and not Contact if they are different.
g-)