[Serusers] How do I get rid of npdi=yes?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Jun 26 23:59:05 CEST 2006

At 15:43 24/06/2006, John Clements wrote:
>> You have a broken UA.
>
>Where do you get that? Nothing is broken, its the Number Porting flag the
>TDM sends. If anything, Asterisk and SER are broken because they do not
>recognize it :-)

Hi John,

I am wondering why you think that SER is broken?

IMHO, as Juha pointed out your URI may be a 'valid' result of standard-recommended way
of translating Tel to Sip URIs (Rfc3261, 19.1.6).

Now since the same specification does not syntactically recognize
parameters with the userpart of a URI, your username is matched in
usr-loc database against what it is (some number, followed by semicolon,
ndpdi and some more characters). I agree that most likely such
lookup does not make much sense (unless you really have usernames
with semicolon in it :-))). To me, the recommendation in rfc3261 seems
not entirely thought thru -- one obviously didn't want to mix one
parameter set with another. However processing the username-embedded parameters
hasn't been addressed, making it as a result a subject of local
URI policy.

SER's subst_uri can fix it for you, i.e., implement your policy 'throw
all parameters from userpart',

-jiri

p.s. -- recall my previous comment about lack of domain, I just 'misparsed' at
some of the characters in the URI.