[Serusers] Anyway to steal Media IP/Port from RTPProxy or MediaProxy

Hoa Thai Duy hoathai at vngt.vn
Fri Jun 23 07:11:06 CEST 2006

Dear Greger & List

Actually, I want Asterisk to deploy re-INVITE to let the media flow directly
between my UAs and ITSPs (neither relay via RTP/MediaProxy and Asterisk
RTP).
Case 1:
If I forward it to Asterisk and use re-INVITE in sip.conf
exten => _X.,1,Answer()
exten => _X.,2,Dial(SIP/Number at ITSP)
exten => _X.,3,Hangup

Asterisk actually open RTP with UAs and have the c=/m= info because of
Answer. But I faced the re-INVITE with call drop-off issue.
When both parties are talking, if remote phone from ITSP hang up, things are
fine. If UA hang up, remote phone is still in talking status, and I see no
BYE from Asterisk send to ITSP, even it receive BYE from UA

Case 2:
If I forward it to Asterisk and not use re-INVITE in sip.conf
exten => _X.,1,Answer()
exten => _X.,2,Dial(SIP/Number at ITSP)
exten => _X.,3,Hangup

Everything is fine

Case 3:
If I forward it to Asterisk and use re-INVITE in sip.conf

exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/Number at ITSP)
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

Asterisk don't actually open RTP with UAs and don't have the c=/m= info. At
that time, c= and m= from UAs to Asterisk always point to RFC1918, and also
in Asterisk's memory knowledge.
If this case, when re-INVITE happen, the re-INVITE to ITSP contain RFC1918
IP, and cause wrong media path.

Pls. advice

Brgds

Hoa