[Serusers] Stuck with libmysqlclient.so.10 and it is a problem.

Chahn John Kim johnk at koreanet.us
Thu Jun 22 16:48:05 CEST 2006

Hi, all.

I am looking for your expert help.

I am building ser 0.8.12 on my fedora core 4, just because it is the
highest version provided by iptel, while debian has all the newest goodies
to .9+.  In that, ser's mysql.so links to libmysqlclient.so.10 and this
creates problems;

*** After ser starts, it immediately shuts down when it loads auth_db.so.
due to "authentication protocol" mismatch with mysql server 4.12 which is
shipped with Fedora core.

Is there 3rd party ser mysql module that uses libmysqlclient.so.14
somewhere?  Or is it possible to compile newer verion source to work on
fedora?

Basically I am looking for ser mysql module that calls so.14 and can run
on fedora.

Thanks in advance.

--
Chahn John Kim