FW: [Serusers] How to change Mediaproxy codec g-711a to g-729 or g-723

Richard C. Thompson rthompson at vir2com.com
Wed Jun 21 21:58:40 CEST 2006

As far as I know mediaproxy does just that, it proxies the call but doesn't
change the codec so if it comes in g729 it goes out the same way.
It doesn't do transcoding. Most of my calls are g729 and you can see these
calls by doing a sessions.py in the mediaproxy server

Richard C. Thompson
VP Technology, CCNA
Virtual Communications, LLC