[Serusers] binding has expired

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:22:49 CEST 2006

If you are using DB backend, you can easily take a look at the Expires
column to see when the registration is going to expire.
Without DB backend, you can fetch the same info with serctl and grep
to see all the fields...something like:
      #serctl ul show | grep <username> -A 15 -B 5
will probably get all the user's information and you'll see Expires.

CAREFUL: Without the pipe you can even hang up SER if you have "many" users.

If you see the binding expiration too often there are a couple of
things you can check:
i) the expiration rate the user agent is sending. If it's too low, ask
the user to increase it or play with min_expires registrar module
parameter and pray for the UA to honour it :P
ii)the other situation occurs when the UA is behind a NAT that changes
the port really often. This will lead to several contacts for the same
user in SER's location domain. This will create lots of contacts and
therefore lots of "Binding Expiration" messages will appear in your
log.

I hope it helps!

Samuel.