[Serusers] How to change Mediaproxy codec g-711a to g-729 or g-723

Benjamin.George at t-systems.com Benjamin.George at t-systems.com
Wed Jun 21 10:30:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

In my understanding, you can't configure media proxy for g729 as it won't support g729 codec. It is a patented codec and SER media proxy as well as SEMS supports only the patent free codecs like g711a/u or iLBC, etc.  As a result of this you will get some choppy sound only if you use g729.  So I feel, you have to modify the code in order to incorporate g729 with media proxy.

Regards,

Benjamin.

  _____