[Serusers] RE: novice issue

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 10:40:06 CEST 2006

Privet (Hi) Alexandr,

Inline.

On 6/8/06, Alexandr Dubovikov <shurik at start4.info> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 10:12:58PM +0700, Andrey Kouprianov wrote:
>
> Hi Andrey,
>
> > On the other hand, libmysqlclient.so.12 might not be there at all.
> > However, there might be some libmysqlclient.so.14 or
> > libmysqlclient.so.15. Just make a symbolic link inside the directory
> > where libmysqlclient.so.x is located
>
> Yep, it can be the another solution, but if he have compiled mysql.so on the same
> computer, it mean libmysqlclient.so.12 should be somewhere, isn't it ?
>
> and also isn't so good make a synb link to a library other version. :-/

That's true, but in my case it happened many times and symb link
proved to be working very well. libmysqlclient.so.x files come with
MySQL client compilation.
For instance, libmysqlclient.so.14 comes with MySQL 4.1 and either I
had to create a link or downgrade MySQL to version 3. I chose the
first solution and so far I had no problems. :)

  Regards,

    Andrey.