[Serusers] rtpproxy only for calling local extension

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri Jun 9 07:42:15 CEST 2006

Hi Nhadie,
You want to proxy calls to a PSTN GW if you are calling from behind a
symmetric NAT unless the GW supports active media. Using active media,
it will wait until contacted from the UA and then use the same RTP port
for return RTP. Use fix_nated_sdp("3"). It will change SDP IP address
(but not port) and add direction=active to SDP.
If not using active media, there is no way to get the RTP across the
symmetric NAT.
If you are behind other types of NAT, you can use STUN, but active media
is also fine.
g-)