[Users] Last Hop Detection

Tavis P tavis.lists at galaxytelecom.net
Thu Jun 29 00:47:50 CEST 2006

I'm trying to find a way to detect if a BYE message that is being routed
between two proxies is at the last hop before being sent to the endpoint.

I tried checking for a existence of the "Route" header field, but i
gather its removed on the way out so is present until its routed

I also tried comparing the value of the "Max-Forwards" header field to
an arbitrary integer but i was unable to find a way to do that either

The purpose is to avoid double accounting messages that traverse two
proxies in our network, is anyone aware of a solution to this problem?

tavis