[Users] Reload Config-File

Simon Morvan garphy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 16:21:03 CEST 2006

2006/4/28, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com>:
> > >Is there a way to reload the configfile of openser without
> > restarting it?
> > >the hup signal doesnt work.
> >
> > Ok. Nevermind.
> > Q: Is it possible to reload OpenSER's configuration file with
> > a signal?
> >
> > A: No. To reload the configuration file, OpenSER must be restarted.
> >
> > Would be a nice "carrier-grade" feature.
>
> I second that. It would definitely be nice.

that's a thing we definitively love having. would it be hard to
implement ? what are the implications of "configuration reloading" ? i
guess the script commands would have to be reparsed and the tree
rebuilt but what about the modules which have specific config in a
separated file ? i think the module API would have to be modified in
order to add a "configuration reload notification" instruction to the
module ?

--
simon morvan.