[Users] user 'admin' and mysql

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Tue Jun 20 20:35:09 CEST 2006

>> this is a typical behaviour of all software - to let an initial way of
>> access not properly configured, they may turn indeed in security holes:

Your goal should be "good behaviour" not "typical behaviour"...

I think it is a case of trying to be too nice but with very limited
benefit for a new user.  I just found the line in the INSTALL file
that references this:

   b) try to login with your SIP client as user 'admin' with password 'heslo'

Well... that's not even the default password anymore, is it?
So, anyone starting with 1.0.1 (which includes *everyone* new,
as that is the top link at openser.org) will not use that convenience.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to respond to messages.
I see you get to each one that has yet to be answered
by anyone else (although someone did email me privately).

Thanks,
-mark