[Users] nat traversal

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Jun 19 11:15:56 CEST 2006

Hello,

for nathelper you need a separate media relay which is named rtpproxy.
So in both cases you need a second application which can run on same or
separate machine as openser.

Choosing between nathelper and mediaproxy is a matter of taste, more or
less. nathelper/rtpproxy are pure C code and they have slightly more
features as mediaproxy module/mediaproxy relay (e.g., nathelper features
OPTIONS natpings and more options to mangle SDP). As opposite,
mediaproxy seems to be easier to use, but mediaproxy relay is Python and
some do not feel comfortable with.

The best way is to try both and chose the one which fits better.
Searching on the archive you will find some other opinions, too.

Best regards,
Daniel