[Users] Starting and stopping openser

Padmaja RV padmaja.rv at vodcalabs.com
Tue Jun 6 08:21:20 CEST 2006

Hi!
        Thanks for the prompt reply. As i mentioned in my previous mails, i have already tried running openser from cvs. but the init.d script does nt work as it requires some monit daemon to run the openser. the monit daemon in turn was unable to start openser bcoz the /var/run/openser.pid file was not found. for the same reason, starting openser from openserctl also failed. so i have started openser directly as:  openser start since /usr/local/sbin is already set in the PATH variable. this way i am able to start openser but if i have to stop it i have to press ctrl+c,. i want to stop it by giving some command like openser stop or something like that. please let me know if any one of u folks have any idea about this.
i am running openser on centos if that helps.

Thanks again....
Regards,
Padmaja