[Users] how to use TCP only with 1.1 devel

T.R. Missner trmissner at bandwidth.com
Fri Jun 2 15:20:06 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to setup openser to use only TCP for both
incoming and outgoing signaling.

Currently I have set

listen=tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060

This forces openser to only listen on TCP socket and handles incoming
signaling.

Now using the statefull module I call t_relay() and the signaling goes
out UDP.

I can force the signaling out using tcp by doing the following,

t_relay("tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx")

The problem with this is I don't know what the ip:port is going to be in
all cases.

I would like to do something more akin to
t_relay("tcp") so the relay address is simply the address in the RURI

I realize there was a function t_relay_to_tcp in the previous version
but has been deprecated and would require the ip:port anyway.

Is there a way to pass a variable into t_relay to represent the ip:port
combo?

Something like t_relay("tcp:" + uri:host + uri:port )

I understand the syntax above won't work but this is an example of what
I am looking for.

Is there any simple way to force TCP for outgoing signaling?

What about adding parameter=tcp to the record route?

Thanks

T.R.