[Serusers] Implementing Group Pickup

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Sat Jul 29 16:29:38 CEST 2006

Hi!

Simon wrote:
> So has anyone implemented group pickup and hunt groups before ?

Not yet ;)

Just to throw in some buzzwords here's a few feature requests/definitions.
For call pickup I (party C) would like to be able to see
incoming calls for party B from party A on my phone so I could
pick up the calls.
The call itself at that point has nothing to do with any group
functionality but would come in handy in any office environment.
I believe Snom implemented this based on SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.
What I'm not sure about is the policy to allow subscriptions.
Provisioning access-lists on the UASs doesn't scale well.

Group pickup could be both parallel and serial. Parallel is kinda
easy. Usually you'd probably define an additional phone number
and make all phones belonging to that group REGISTER for that
number.
Serial is different game and mixed serial/parallel could be
considered another ballpark afterall.

I'd like to see the group pickup feature (serial forking, hunt groups,
...) implemented/documented and am eager to help working on it.

Just my $.02,
  Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz at raisdorf.net> - http://www.wormulon.net/