[Serusers] Save() takes time to write in file

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Sat Jul 29 16:13:35 CEST 2006

Hi!

Vinod Kumar Singh wrote:
> After receiving REGISTER message, SER updates the memory but it is
> writing in database (text file) only once we kill the SER process.
> Sometimes it writes it in file only after 5-6 minutes, this is not
> consistent behavior.

Check the database mode inside the usrloc module:
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/modules/html/usrloc.html
You could set it to something async and then make SER flush the changes
every once in a while (timer value in usrloc).

> Can anybody suggest me how to flush the data in file(text base) without
> killing the SER ?

serctl can dump the data to stdout.
Writing a serctl fifo command to write the textfile upon request
shouldn't be hard to do but I don't know of any trigger currently
implemented.

Regards,
  Hendrik

--