[Serusers] ser 0.9.7-pre3 SRV "question"

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 26 18:04:01 CEST 2006

Klaus Darilion wrote:

>> Anyhow I did the tcpdump, I saw the request from SER and the response
>> from our DNS server. SER is asking for the "A" record instead of the
>> "SRV" record. By this  I mean SER is performing the equivalent of
>> "dig myserver.myschool.edu A". This is not what we want and not what
>> happened in past release of SER. What I want is "dig
>> _sip._udp.myserver.myschool.edu SRV". Any thoughts on what might be
>> happening?
>

> ser bybasses SRV lookups if there is a port number present in the
> r-URI (RFC3263).
> Make sure there is no port in the r-URI.

Is this a change/refinement with SER 0.9.7-pre3? Our previous
configuration file, which we used with SER 0.9.6 uses the same rewrite
command as the current configuration file. Both versions specify a port
number but the previous config file worked with SER 0.9.6.

-Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania