[Serusers] serweb ul_replication?

O'Shaughnessy Evans shaug+sip at aloha.net
Tue Jul 25 20:32:23 CEST 2006

Hello, all.  I'm trying to find a good way to copy usrloc registrations
entered into ser via the FIFO from 1 system to another.  I came across
the ul_replication setting in serweb's config.php, but it was taken
out of CVS back in April.  Was this a feature that was going to be
added but never came to fruition?

My best idea so far is to use sipsak to send a REGISTER message to each
ser peer, but that also seems like a bit of a kludge to me so I'm still
looking for a more "native" way to do it.  From what I've read, the
XML-RPC subsystem will give us that kind of ability in the future, but
I gather that's still in development.  The other option seems to be to
hack usrloc with another db_mode that never uses the cache and always
checks the db.  If you're replicating your ser database between proxies,
registration on 1 system will thus produce a registration on all the
others.  It looks like openser has that feature now but I couldn't find
it in the CVS branches of ser, though I read in a report somewhere that
it had been added.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation that they'd like to
share?  Any elegant solutions out there?  Thanks!  I appreciate hearing
anything you folks would be willing to share.

--
= o'shaughnessy_evans -=- sys_admin @ (aloha|ilhawaii|myworld|turquoise).net =
                          Pacific LightNet, Inc.