[Serusers] decoding g729 encoded rtp streams

Fri Jul 21 14:03:42 CEST 2006

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Friday 21 July 2006 08:31, İlker Aktuna wrote:
>> I know that there are licence and patent issues but is it possible to
>> decode g729 encoded rtp streams with any software ? I have licenced Eybeam
>> softphone with g729 support. But it can only decode streams in a
>> conversation. I just need to decode streams recorded with tcpdump/ethereal.
>>
>> Once I had used a software with this feature but then it turned out to be a
>> trojan. I don't remember the name now. Is there any other software ? (or
>> method using Eyebeam ?)

I once did it with Asterisk. I used some RTP capturing and transmitting
software from columbia university. I made a call with G729 and captured.
Then I made a call to a G.729 (free G729) enabled asterisk with a
softphone. then i killed the softphone and used the other software to
stream the RTP data to Asterisk's RTP port. not very comfortable but it
worked

regards
klaus