[Serusers] Via header inserted with public IP

Weiter Leiter bp4mls at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:15:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

Gaurav Kulshreshtha wrote:
> All.
>  I m using SER 0.9.7pre1 with RTPProxy and this box sits on the boundary
> of private and public networks. REGISTERs hit this box from public side
> and are forwarded to private side for registration processing.
> The message is forwarded to the private ip but there are two weird
> things I noticed ..
> a) Even though the packet leaves from the private interface the src ip
> address is set to public IP

You mean that SER receives the (self forwarded) REGISTER message on the
private interface and replies on the public one? (otherwise I don't
understand your "the src ip address is set to public IP" - source of
what? the UDP packet?).
> b) Newly added Via header has public side IP address and not the private
> side IP address. This causes problems in routing the response to
> REGISTER method.

Are you record routing your REGISTERs? If your message passes two times
your proxy, you might have two vias...