[Serusers] DNS SRV records

Mike Cassidy thanet at helixclinic.co.uk
Sun Jul 16 23:01:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am having trouble with my sip-phone recognising my domain name, and I am
wondering if I have set my DNS records correctly. If someone can see
something that is missing from my DNS record, I would really appreciate some
help. So far, I can register using my IP address, but I can't register using
sip.mydomain.com, which is what I would like. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Mike

$TTL 14400
@      86400    IN      SOA     domain1.com. domain2.com. (
                2006051301      ; serial, todays date+todays
                86400           ; refresh, seconds
                7200            ; retry, seconds
                3600000         ; expire, seconds
                86400 )         ; minimum, seconds

mydomain.com. 86400 IN NS ns1.mydomain.com.

mydomain.com. IN A 1.2.3.4

localhost.mydomain.com. IN A 127.0.0.1

mydomain.com. IN MX 0 mydomain.com.

_sip._udp IN SRV 0 0 5060 sip.mydomain.com.

mail IN CNAME mydomain.com.
www IN CNAME mydomain.com.
ftp IN A 1.2.3.4
ns1 IN A 1.2.3.4