[Serusers] SER or OpenSER
Greger V. Teigre
greger at teigre.com
Sun Jul 16 12:06:54 CEST 2006
Well, trying to be a bit objective:
1. It depends on your needs
2. OpenSER has a more aggressive release policy (more newer features),
meaning that openser contains more functions and modules than ser
3. Latest SER is 0.9.x and is extremely stable
4. Openser 0.9.x and ser 0.9.x are (almost) close to identical. From
0.10 they start to diverge. SER 0.10 is not yet released, OpenSER has
5. The type of features/functionality included in SER and openser are
likely to be quite different
6. OpenSER is currently better documented in the latest version
Have a look at the onsip.org Getting Started guide for more detail on
Chahn John Kim wrote:
> I am a SER starter.
> I have seen many subjects related to Openser.
> Can someone shed a light on what are the differences between these?
> And even some insights to suggest which may be better than the other?
> We are planing to start business service shortly and we appreciate any
> inputs on which SIP server infrastructure provides better performance and
> Thank you in advance.
> John K.
> Serusers mailing list
> Serusers at lists.iptel.org
More information about the sr-users