[Serusers] Open source GSM/CDMA network

Friend follow_from at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 15:51:01 CEST 2006

Thats good 'Christian'.

  Am from India. Working in Java Development side. Having basic-mid  level  knowledge on networking. How could i join you to do the  things,,

  Write me Christian,,

  regards,

  Se

"Greger V. Teigre" <greger at teigre.com> wrote:              That's interesting to hear. I thought wimax equipment was too expensive  at this point for such a deployment scenario?!
  g-)

  CM0002 at aol.com wrote:              GSM suppliers working on that already and implementing  softswitches in order to increase capacity and lower cost. However GSM  is circuit switched - not packet switched (except GPRS) and here is the  point cost can't really dropped.

    The way it will be more probably is that GSM CDMA might be used  in the furture in the suburbans and in metropolitan areas we will see a  WIMAX/VOIP scenario. This will result in a hybrid network for at least  a transitional period. We already experienced it with AMPS/TDMA to GSM  transition.
    CDMA (spread spectrum) is almost dead because high cost and leck  of roaming capacity. WCDMA/UMTS (spread spectrum 3G) is very expencive  and hard to manage (in Europe the launch was delayed by 2 years because  hard and software problems).

    I recently started with a project (small scale) to setup such  WIMAX based networks. The aim is to develop a low cost  internet/phone network for rural communities in third world countries.  Anybody with routing experience who wants to join me on a professional  base is welcome.

    Regards Christian