[Serusers] Re: Echo Cancellation

Evan Borgström evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Mon Jul 10 16:52:20 CEST 2006

	Just because you're sending both calls through the same gateway doesn't
mean that your providers upstream gateways don't change depending on the
destination. Your provider could have tens or hundreds of different
vendors depending on where they terminate calls.

	Check the ECAN (echo cancellation), VAD (variable audio detection), etc
settings on your ATA or IP phone. Play with the gains (turing down the
tx gain on the microphone can help). Try changing codecs. Buy a book on
how PSTN audio works or speech codecs, do some google searches, there's
LOTS of info out there.

-Evan