[Serusers] Open source GSM/CDMA network

Aimable Habiyakare aimabh at mtn.co.rw
Mon Jul 10 13:51:14 CEST 2006

Think about it in this way.

Each GSM (don't know about CDMA's) Base Transceiver Station costs around
100,000 USD to set up, probably much more for CDMA

So if what I said can be technically implemented we can have a far
cheaper mobile infrastructure (not talking about the licensing stuff)

If that is applied to the other equipments involved in a mobile network
(like the BSC, HLR and the MSC), think how cheap would that be. I am
sure there are many more advantages of setting up such a system.

Am not also a GSM/CDMA guy but I happened to work for an ISP that is
also offering mobile phone services and that made me ask if it is
possible to do it.

Thanks