[Users] outgoing proxy through VPN ?

raviprakash sunkara sunkara.raviprakash.feb14 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 05:30:44 CEST 2006

Hello  gray,

Use ngrep or sipsak , that U should download and configure , tthis is for
communcation tracinf for  "SIP".

If U want to trace the  traffic communicatios,  in default  of Linux system
there is called " Ethereal" or
Check its in " /usrsbin/ethereal"

I think Urs problem is the ports are not forwording , and there are diable
in route or gateway or firewall.

Bye

On 7/27/06, gary ng <garyng2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup openser as an outgoing proxy
> through VPN with the following setup:
>
> 172.16.1.1 - VPN endpoint and also the machine running
> openser
> 172.16.1.2 - remote NAT router at Network A(another
> VPN endpoint)
> 192.168.1.x - sjphone client behind NAT router(Network
> A)
>
> I can register the client through 172.16.1.1 fine but
> dialing out to other SIP address like
> 613 at fwd.pulver.com never go through.
>
> If I register through the public address of the
> machine running openser, I can make the dialing fine
> and can sort of having a two way communication, though
> it drops after 5 seconds for unknown reason.
>
> I am wondering if anyone know if the first
> scenario(register through VPN) is possible.
>
> Also, how to trace why the communication drops for the
> normal registration method.
>
> thanks for any help in advance.
>
> regards,
>
> gary