[Users] failure route doubts

Jose Silva joesilvas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:17:07 CEST 2006

Hi, I'm having some doubts on how to use/do some things with
dispatcher module and failure route.
I'll try to explain my problem.
On my main route block I select the destination (using ds_select_dst)
to where I want to send the message, and indicate that responses
should pass through the failure_route, I also add a header with some
things that are needed by the next proxy. On the failure route when I
get 408 Time Out I mark the previous destination and select the next
destination. until here everything goes fine. After this I want to
change the message that I'm going to send to next proxy, for this I
need to remove the header that I inserted previously on the main route
block and access the destination URI that the ds_next_dst updates.
My first doubt is that when I print the destination URI  it has the
previous destination ( the one used in the main route block) but when
it relay's the message it goes to the right destination (the one
returned from ds_next_dst), Is there any reason for this ? I'm using
$du to access it, is this wrong?
My second doubt is, what sip message do I have access to in the
failure route (the one I received or the one I sent out)? I ask this
because I try to remove the header I inserted in the main route block
and it does not remove anything but when I relay the message the
header I tried to remove goes on the message.

Thanks in advance,
José Carlos Silva