[Serusers] Presence + XCAP root problem with multiple domains

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 31 18:51:45 CET 2006

Hello Vaclav,

I cannot manage to handle the same username under different domain
names using the same XCAP  tree.

Data location for user1 at example1.com will conflict with data location
for user1 at example2.com

on the filesystem is the same:

/xcap-root/pres-rules/users/user1/presence-rules.xml

My XCAP server can generate separate trees for each domain and create
the XCAP structure under each domain
(like /xcap-root/example1/pres-rules/users/ ) but in this case SER
should be able to build a dynamic root like:

https://xcap.example.com/$domain$/

In Eyebeam I can configure the xcap-root statically but obviously if
I do this for multiple domains, SER should be able to build it from
information available in the PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE request so that it can
locate the right tree on the XCAP server.

Do you see any other solution for this problem?

Regards,
Adrian