[Serusers] SER Presence

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Jan 31 13:20:41 CET 2006

On 31-01-2006 13:00, Akeru Ikena wrote:
> Thanks Jan,
>
> What should I do ? Find a version 0.8.x with presence ? The presence
> snapshot does not contain the modules I want. I tried the CVS snapshot
> but it is way too much unstable for now (fifo being a module, the
> change db schema, and so on).
>
> Any advises ?

  I would recommend you to setup two SERs. One only for presence stuff
  and one for production. It's a good idea to keep that funcionality
  separated anyway.

  For normal SIP routing you can use 0.9.6 configured to forward all
  SUBSCRIBE and PUBLISH requests to another SER instance. For presence
  SER instance you can use the snaphsots created by Vaclav that can be
  found at http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/ser/presence.

    Jan.