[Serusers] SIP gateways authentication

Viktor Rachovic viktorach at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:45:48 CET 2006

Hello all,

we started using ISDN-SIP gateways where you can specify one digest-id in
authentification header for multiple  caller ids.  Now, there seems to be a
problem with security if you don't bind caller-id with ip address or domain.
As we cannot know from wich IP (domain) our call will come from we cannot
bind it to certain IP (domain). There should be some way to specify which
caller-ids (usernames) should relate to auth-id. Similar direction i found
in ser admin's guide:

"There may be a need for a more complex relationship between From/To
username and digest id. For example, providers with an established
user/password database may wish to keep using it, whereas permitting users
to claim some telephone numbers in From. To address such needs generally,
there needs to be a 1:N mapping between digest id and all usernames that are
acceptable for it. This is being addressed in a newly contributed module
"domain", which also addresses more generally issues of domain matching for
multidomain scenarios."

Still, i didn't found how how could i use domain module for this. What
approach other people use in such case?

Viktor