[Serusers] adress book

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Mon Jan 30 12:12:53 CET 2006

Hello Joao,

I'm using SER and Asterisks-based system, with centralized LDAP backend.
To access LDAP I use SOAP and DSML.This is now used for every
provisioning/management/billing/ivr activity in the system. In future I
plan to have centralized phonebook based in LDAP.

I think that having centralized LDAP directory and accessing it from
clients via SOAP/XML is a best option. If security is an issue, SOAP/XML
Digital Signature and Encryption could be used here.

Maybe we will live until times when hardware vendors will support SOAP
clients in their phones, or at least XML browsers or some sort of thin
clients. I see SNOM is doing something in XML - maybe worth checking.

I think that will be the soft-phone manufacturers that will first adapt
idea of central phonebook, based on SOAP message exchanges with
centralized LDAP directory servers.

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz