Update: [Serusers] Is SER supposed to send ACK for 2xx response?

C Y bunnahnah2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 22:37:06 CET 2006

Hello.

Just an update on my previous post.

After reading section 16 in RFC3261, it looks like SER
is not supposed to send an ACK to a 2xx response (in
an INVITE dialog), since this ACK is supposed to be
generated by UAC core.
A proxy (like SER) would not implement UAC core
functionality, even if it is in stateful mode.

So, it means that SER is behaving 'correctly' as
described below.

If anyone has noted otherwise, please share with me.

Thanks!