[Serusers] SER & SEMS on separate machines

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Jan 27 12:58:22 CET 2006

SER and SEMS of SOME sort must be on the same machine, but it doesn't have to
be your main SER. I have a copy of SER running on a separate machine with SEMS
that is pared down considerable and does nothing but handle SEMS stuff... the
main SER server forwards calls onto the SER/SEMS server (on a different
machine) for the sake of performance.

You DO have to have a copy of at least the subscriber table (or, really, only
PARTS of the subscriber table) for the voicemail app to work as it grabs the
email address.

Your choices are to either have a DB url that points to the original DB or
replicate your subscriber info to two different tables.

We chose the latter. On creation of a user account, we have a trigger that
replicates the subscriber info to a separate DB on the SER/SEMS machine.
During testing, however, we had it originally set up to just point to the
original DB and noticed no real performance hit.

N.

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:00:08 +0100, samuel wrote