[Serusers] problem with SIP message greater than 1500 bytes

zaghouani hamdi zag_hamdi at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 27 10:56:58 CET 2006

my request goes through many SER servers( more  than 5 and in the future it can be much more ) and each one add headers  before forwarding the message. So I prefered not to put any constraint  on SIP request size.

  I will check the MTU and my network. but I m not sure that the problem  is in the network because when I send a PING "message" greater than  1500 byte, it is  sent without problem (the message is fragmented  and  the "more fragment" flag of the first paquest is set to 1  so  at the end we get a complete message).

  Regards,

Arek Bekiersz <sip at perceval.net> a écrit :  Hi,

IMHO it has nothing to do with SER.
I've experienced this before.

Check your MTU, your network and firewalls.
Limit size of SIP message by consume_credentials() and limit number of
codecs used.

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz