[Serusers] problem with SIP message greater than 1500 bytes

zaghouani hamdi zag_hamdi at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 26 16:48:45 CET 2006

 hi,

  I m using ser-0.8.14.
 i m  trying to send a SIP message from an SER server to another SER server.  The length of this message is greater than 1500 Bytes(around 1600  Bytes) , so it is fragmented before being sent.
  (in my case it's fragmented to 2 packets.)

  then I check the SIP flow using ethereal I found that :
  In the IP header of the first packet, the  "more fragment" flag is  set to "0"  so  at the reception the second packet is  ignored.
  And we get at the receiver  a  SIP message which is not completed.( we don t receive all the SIP message).

  is it SER who force that the sent message being less than 1500 bytes ?

  thinks a lot

  Hamdi