[Serusers] Asterisk and SER

Jim McIver jim.mciver at yakara.com
Mon Jan 23 14:46:55 CET 2006

Gentlemen,

If I was using SER as a proxy server to deal with clients behind NATs, I can
understand the concept - the sip proxy rewrites the header information to
correct for the NATed client.

Where I have a large "hole" in my understanding is concerning inbound calls from
PSTN.  Currently, these arrive at our Asterisk box which has no knowledge of
the clever things SER should be doing to deal with the NATed clients.

Can anyone please fill in the gaps in my understanding ?

Better still.....can anyone let me have a look at their Asterisk and SER config
files on a system that works ???

Jim

--
---