[Serusers] re : add subscriber issue in ser-0.10.99

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Jan 24 16:31:23 CET 2006

On 24-01-2006 07:19, C Y wrote:
> Can it be assume that without the ser_cred, there is
> no reliable way of populating the credentials table?
> I found that www_authenticate doesn't work in the
> presence snapshot. It seems that it cannot find the
> relevant credentials for a particular 'user', even
> though I have manually entered (what I believe to be)
> the relevant entries (username, password, ha1, ha1b).
> www_authenticate may be failing because I entered the
> information incorrectly - but there's no way of
> entering the information reliably without ser_cred, I
> believe?

  Yes, there is, you can enter the information "by hand",
  corresponding hashes (ha1, ha1b) can be calculated
  using gen_ha1.

  Credentials table is in fact very similar to subscriber
  table -- instead of username, domain, pair you have uid
  column.

  If www_authenticate could not find the credentials then
  check whether you use correct realm (the first parameter
  of www_authenticate).

    Jan.